Last night we flew into Miami. Theresa found a really great deal a couple of months ago, so we actually bought tickets. Because it was a 777, it was the older style (International) First configuration, it was awesome, and weird. We are (ok, don't hate us for this) strangely "used" to those seats, but they normally construe thoughts of 10 hours of flight ahead of us, with food, movies, sleep, food, movies, etc. So, that this was a mere 2.5 hours, it seemed all the more plush and lavish! We joked about "What if this were simply 'normal' for travel?" We watched the movie "Inside Out" as it was the shortest option and we wanted to be able to finish it. It was not bad, but the scenes at the end were the funniest.
Here in MIA, we are staying at the Intercontinental, in downtown. Very nice place, and the towels are amazing! If it were not the beginning of the trip...well, no, that would be wrong. Theresa searched on her phone for restaurants "near me", and found a few options. As we walked toward breakfast, there were 8-9 fire trucks (hook and ladder, hazmat, etc) lined up on the side of the road. Two ladder trucks had the ladders extended and a huge flag draped between them. Around the corner, there were several firemen suiting up in full garb, but with no particular hurry. Spectators were intermingled, so we are guessing it was a demonstration or maybe competition. On the way back, we saw a guy in a Hollywood (FL) FD, so that's why we are thinking maybe a race to the top of these high rises.
Anyway, we found a little restaurant that had breakfast for $6, including an omlet, coffee, and orange juice. It was fancy coffee (not some typical drip type), so I presumed no refills. But the omlet was very good, the OJ was good, etc. Mine came with toast, so I asked for jelly. She brought some green stuff (Theresa said it was green, I take her word). I said, I presume it is apple, I doubt it would be mint! Well, it was mint. Strange. Not bad, but odd.
Anyway, to the boat in a couple of hours, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment