This is the square near city hall.
Cartagena was founded about 200 BC as part of Carthage, but was conquered by Rome in 80 AD.
First order of business was the Roman amphitheater. It was buried until the 1980's, and then discovered during a construction project (which is the normal way of finding things these days). They unearthed it, and have been reconstructing it since. So, while it is not the largest, most authentic, or in the best condition, and it was drizzling most of the day, it was terra firma, so who cared?!
| Some undetermined fruit tree. (Bumpy oranges?) |
Our ship, the Azamara Journey (the farthest one away). |
Everywhere (well, manywhere) I go, I try to send a post card to our Goddaughter, Erin. I kept the tradition, but thought it would be good to catch the moment!
| From Spain to Seattle!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment