Monday, December 13, 2010

London Pix

So, I was told our blog this year stunk (or something like that!). Well, we did not have much access to the internet while on the ship, so I'll try to catch things up this month, before Christmas? I'll start with some pix from London.

Harrah's lit up in Christmas lights, and the Egyptian themed area inside.











Big Ben (obviously!)






Parliament.



















Westminster Abbey




For some reason, we keep noticing wedding couples in various places. We saw one in a Buddhist temple in Tokyo. Then we saw one at the Kremlin in Moscow. So, now we saw one at Westminster Abbey. Anyway, so we've started taking pictures of them.





The signs to this just said "Monument". So, we went. This monument was built to commemorate the great fire of London in 1666, which burned for three days.destroying over 13,000 houses and 436 acres. We can't quite figure out why a 202 foot tall pillar represents a "flat" disaster??






The London Bridge. Well, the current one. Of course in the 70's they tore down the (then current) London Bridge and sold it to someone in Arizona.






The Tower Bridge, often mistaken as the "London Bridge". Structurally, I found it very interesting. So, I took a few "unique" views. (At least I liked them!)

























And finally, the Tower of London. This is not the "classical" view, but that view has scaffolding all over it, so this was nicer!

No comments:

Post a Comment