Monday, July 28, 2025

Boarding the Ship

This stateroom is ENORMOUS!!
We had an easy morning, with breakfast, packing, someone took a nap, and we took care of a little business.  Then we headed to the ship.  We arrived at the port, and 3-4 people were there to take our bags away immediately, and we walked into a smallish building to begin checking in at 12:20.  By 12:50 we were on the ship, checked in, and heading to lunch.  Theresa wanted to have food from the grill so we found a nice table outside near the pool, under the overcast sky with a cool wind.  Bill went to the buffet and found the pasta bar featuring “linguine” which looked suspiciously like bow-tie pasta.  He asked for the meat sauce.  It didn’t much look like linguini with meat sauce, however.

This doesn't SEEM like linguini with meat sauce.
This closet is bigger than our first house!


Optically, it seems like a LOT of cleaning products!

By the end of lunch, our room was ready, so we headed there and Bill took care of some of the unpacking while Theresa made some tour option changes.  Then -- someone else took a nap (if we're snitching on people!)

A lot of hours are expected on this veranda!

Off to dinner.  Theresa had previewed the menu and knew exactly what she wanted, even to dessert.  Bill figured it out upon arrival.  Well, mostly.  So, seeing Singapore Noodles, and remembering the AMAZING Singapore noodles we tried in Singapore, I HAD to have them.  But I noticed they were also on the Vegan menu, and looked closer, confirming there was no protein in it.  So, I ordered a side of scallops, because, well…I COULD!  They asked about what sauce I wanted, and the garlic butter sounded good, so sure!  I also asked for chopsticks, because, when in Singapore…  The waiter brought two sets of chopsticks (one for Theresa).  When the dinner arrived, it was rice/glass noodles, not Singapore.  It was OK, but not at all what I had in mind.  The scallops looked good, but the “sauce” was a dish of cold butter (probably with garlic), but I wasn’t planning on “buttering” my scallops so it was a bit of a miss.  Oh well.  First world problems.  Theresa’s meal was very good as was dessert.

After dessert and some port, we headed up to the observation lounge.  Theresa was REALLY looking forward to watching us set sail from the upper decks at 9PM, but during dinner about 7:30, we noticed we were pushing away from the docks.  Everyone was on board, so it made sense, but spoiled some of her hopes. We saw a lot of birds, and actually a whale spout.

There is something nice about
all inclusive drink packages.
(this was in our room on arrival)

Reykjavik from the ship as we departed over dinner.

Magic!!  I mean, Tank Farm!!  (Same thing)

None of the entertainment in the evening was a “must do”, but Theresa went to the show (a preview of the two weeks to come) and Bill got a head start on the Blog.

Good night!

4 comments: