Bill had something that required him to be about an hour outside of Frankfurt the week before our vacation (Big Blog coming soon). Investigating, we discovered that it is under a 4 hour flight from Frankfurt to Reykjavik (where our next adventure begins). Instead of the under 6 hour flight from Boston (after we get to Boston) we had originally purchased for our trip. So, we swizzled the plans, and I came to Germany too.
 |
| The view from our room -- Rappunzel? |
 |
| Bill's Lunch |
Yesterday, I flew in and met up with 3 other people that were working with Bill this week and headed out to Marburg, Germany. It was POURING when we got to town, so we headed next door to the Tapas place for lunch...then the entourage went to work, and I unpacked, took a nap, and listened to an audiobook while trying not to sleep. Then, we all went out to a nice German restaurant for some beer, Schnitzel (Bill had Rump Roast and Spaetzle) and cherry Schnapps.
 |
The house where Jacob Grimm lived... Surprisingly, in 1946 the Nazi war criminal Klaus Barbie (Butcher of Lyon) hid in the same building
|
Today, Bill et al went to work and I had a leisurely morning...enjoying 2 Cappuccino's at breakfast...then, I went for a Grimm City walking tour. Jacob and Wilhelm lived here from 1802 to 1806. They both attended Law School here. Below are some photos from my walk.
 |
| The Castle at the top of Marburg Hill |
 |
| Part of the castle |
 |
Me at the top of the hill I walked up - the spire is a Lutheran church about 1/2 way up |
 |
| A pretty view on the way down |
 |
| The Rathaus (City Hall) |
After the walk up and down the hill, I made another trek...this time to a German grocery store. I was intending to get a salad for a late lunch, but instead treated myself. It was a big hill :-)
 |
| Cheese covered German Pretzel! |
Tonight I think we're going to an Italian Restaurant for dinner (isn't that a song??).
Wow! nice pix! (I hope I can live up to it over the subsequent weeks!) :-) - Bill
ReplyDeleteI love logging in and finding you on a new trip!
ReplyDelete:-) Glad to provide some joy!
DeleteLooks lovely. Really German...not citified!
ReplyDelete