We are preparing for our first "big" trip of the year, Canada! We wanted to go somewhere a little different, and somewhere we could trade for our time share, and decided on Nova Scotia (a little outside of the capital, Halifax). Nova Scotia is one of the Atlantic Provinces of Canada, and is SE of New Brunswick, South of Prince Edward Island (PEI), and SW of Newfoundland, the other Atlantic Provinces. We will be due East of Maine (Halifax, NS being about 200 miles East of Bangor, ME).
Joining us this trip will be my (Bill's) parents and one of my brothers, Fred. So it should be fun trying to keep five of us entertained in a minivan all over the landscape!
Nova Scotia basically means "New Scotland", so we are sort of expecting it to look and feel a bit like Scotland--cold and damp! One of our first big trips was to Scotland, 16 years ago, and my parents joined us on that one, too. So, for me, that makes this kind of a flash back trip to when I was still in school, new to the airline biz, and quite the novice international traveler!
I hope we have a great time here, and I hope you all enjoy the pictures and stories to follow!
(Oh yeah, Theresa did a little redecorating on the page. We haven't done much since we started this back 2007, so a fresh look was over due. I particularly like the view out of the window of what I am pretty sure is a A320...can't see enough to be sure...but it is fitting, nonetheless!)
No comments:
Post a Comment