Well, it did snow last night and by early morning, a nice
white blanket lay upon most everything.
Then it drizzled and rained. So,
by the time we left, there wasn’t much snow to see. At least traffic was OK, and the airport was
not overrun with delayed passengers! We
were taking a later flight, so had a nice easy morning.
AA does not fly out of Halifax. So, we had to find someone to get us out of
there. Doing a search for options, I
noticed that WestJet flew a 737-600 out of YHZ (Halifax) to YYZ (Toronto). Well, I have been able to fly 6 of the 9 main
types of 737 (passenger, that is, not counting cargo or passenger cargo “combi”s),
and the -600 was on my “to-do” list. It
wasn’t the most convenient, but we made the choice to go for it. So, I flew WestJet for the first time and a -600
for the first time. And I noticed the nose number was 601, so I am pretty sure it is WestJet's first 737-600, so firsts all around!! I know non-airline people
will probably see as little sense to this as Theresa (and airline people
probably as well), but I was happy and excited about it.
So, we are here in Toronto, staying the night
for a direct flight home tomorrow. We
got an upgrade, and are on the top floor, in a two room executive suite! It is really nice, and Theresa is making use
of the whirlpool tub. Hopefully our last
part of vacation, getting home tomorrow, will go smoothly!
Hi Bill & Theresa,
ReplyDeleteMike & Sis here, from the Holy Land trip. I thought your blog was a great idea, so I've started one to keep folks up to date on our upcoming trip. We leave Friday, April 19th on a 6000 mile motorcycle trip to Atlanta, Ozark, MO, Denver, Moab, UT and finally the Grand Canyon. We don't have much of a schedule, so after Ozark it's open as to route and destination.
I stumbled across Blogspot, and liked it, so that is what I've used. The layout looked familiar so I checked your's and see that's what you use as well.
Our blog address is mikeandsis.blogspot.com. Drop by and see if our tired old bodies hold up to this!
Cheers,
Mike