Thursday, December 9, 2021

Day 14 Pictures

 Deception Island:

Foreshadowing?

Hey look!  An active volcano in the ocean!  We're going in!


Whaler's Bay, Deception Island.  The whaling station is from basically 1900-1920 +/-.
After 50 years or so, a site like this goes from "trash" to "museum".

Look!  It's a fuel storage depot!

Well, this tank isn't going to check itself...And I see issues!


Some of the relics from processing whale blubber into whale oil.

It's a fixer-upper!

Just need a little drywall...some windows...coat of paint.


It's a hangar!!  The runway was covered over in an eruption, so we just get this for an airport.

If I'm being honest...I've been in worse hangars!

Nice little place you have there, birdie!


Chinstrap Penguins.  They look like little WWI Doughboys!

Are we ready to start this meeting??

No...we're still waiting on Brad.  He's always late-there he is!  What a Gentoo!



Skua...the garbage collectors of the Antarctic!

Halfmoon Island:
The huddled masses waiting to come back to the ship.


Putting our toys away.

The "Parka Party"
This is after 9PM.




1 comment:

  1. So how many findings did you have for those tanks? Lol Amy

    ReplyDelete