Hopefully we'll have pictures tonight! Yesterday was a short, but productive day. I (Theresa) hate overnight flights, so we hopped the day flight to London from JFK. Sat in 1D and 1G on a 777 and realized how terribly spoiled we are by Bill's job at AAL. Watched 2 movies, ate 3 times (including a cheese and fruit snack) and arrived 40 minutes early about 8:50pm.
Note to anyone going through Heathrow -- they have no ATM machines. They had Travelex exchange machines, which I had read charges the aweful exchange rate, plus fees. So, after walking and looking, we finally exchanged enough money to pay for the public bus ride to the hotel and got to our hotel about 10:00.
The Doubletree is nice. It was a Ramada until a couple months ago. But, it was either a really nice Ramada or they renovated. Across the street was an ATM and a grocery store, plus some food options. So, it was really convenient.
Today, we're heading down to Covent Garden, attending Mass at Corpus Christi and meeting a friend of Bill's after lunch. Should be a nice, relaxing Sunday :-)
For those joining us for the first time, welcome! We understand that this may have been given out to friends/families of people on the tour with us.
Hope you have a great time! I will be watching for more info. Love you!
ReplyDeleteWell, if it makes you feel any better, 1D and 1G are considered "undesireable" because of the lights and noise from the forward galleys, so you're not THAT spoiled haha :-)
ReplyDeleteAlso, there are ATMs in Heathrow, I just used one the other day and it was fee-free, you just missed it!
Lastly, Bill I just noticed you were gone. I figured you were in Alabama or something this week lol.