Bill has an ASTM meeting in Brussels this week. Since I am a "lady of leisure" as Bill calls it, I tagged along. I had system wide upgrades about to expire, so I found a way to get to Brussels, paying coach and getting Business class...it was fly to New York, overnight, fly to LHR on a day flight, meet up with Bill, and fly to Brussels together.
 |
| My view in the Business class lounge as I waited -- that's my plane! |
 |
| Check-in Area for Business in JFK |
Bill flew directly from Dallas to London. We had adventures along the way, with us ending up on different flights to Brussels. But, we both made it.

|
| Our hotel -- yes, there's a McD in the same building...no we haven't been there yet |
 |
| Our junior suite! Thanks, Marriott! |
 |
| The view from our Room |
Today is day 1 of the meetings, a training class with lots of people in it. For me, my path of day flights and sleeping in beds, which I thought would help me not get jet lag, didn't work...so, after breakfast, I went back to bed, and slept until after 11:30. So nice having absolutely no requirements!
After visiting with Bill over lunch, I put on my walking shoes, and took off. What a beautiful city Brussels is (at least this part of it). There are so many Catholic churches nearby, my goal is to visit one a day. Today's was St Nicholas. It had been built and destroyed 3 times, I believe, with the current facade being from the 1950's.



 |
| City Hall |
Near by, there was a square called the "Grand Place". It includes the City Hall and the City Museum, as
some of the Baroque buildings surrounding the square. I just spent some time taking it all in (would have been nice to have a seat...but, there's probably a reason they don't do that :-)
So nice to see you off on another adventure!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!
Delete