Thursday, April 10, 2025

Day 4 - Theresa Blog Brussels

Where we ate the previous night...
Day 3 ended with an amazing Italian Dinner.  It was the kind of place where the owner came to your table, and told you about the pasta his wife was making from scratch -- and then the daughter came and told you what desserts were being made from scratch. We had a good couple of hours hanging out, eating and drinking, under the heat lamps.






After dessert, we meandered back towards the hotel.  Most of our party peeled off to a bar, but Bill and I kept on back to the hotel.  Bill had to prep for a presentation he had in the morning, and I had to help.





After too short of a night, we went to breakfast, then Bill gave the presentation he was asked to (representing what IATA (International Air Transport Association) was doing).  The IATA representative couldn't join this conference.  So, I sat in on his short presentation, being a bad photographer, and then went out wandering a bit.








I managed to get a fairly good video of the Grand Place.  I didn't think the photos did it justice, and there were usually SO many people there.  So, did a video, and panoramic photo.  Unfortunately, the video won't post correctly...so you just get the panoramic.


I meandered back to the hotel, stopping in some chocolate shops that were just opening.  Saw this interesting chocolate fountain wall (again a video, so cannot show it :-))

And, the obligatory plane diorama for Bill.

Then, spent some time sitting on a bench in a square watching the city get busier.  Since it was cold, I retreated to the lounge to have a cappuccino, and sit at a window to watch.

With a warm cappuccino in me, as with all good vacations, it was time for my morning nap :-)  







After joining Bill for lunch, I again headed out.  Went to the Mary Magdalene chapel.


Then, continued to the St Michael and St Gudula Cathedral.  After which I meandered back to the hotel, stopping in several shops along the way.  Eventually picking up some chocolate to share with family and friends.

An old style confessional. The Angel on the left looks like "What were you thinking?"


A chapel for Mary and the unborn





No comments:

Post a Comment