Tuesday, April 8, 2025

Day 2 - Theresa Blog Brussels

Those fries were as good as they look!


We actually start at day 1 evening.  Bill, his friend Bill, and I went out to dinner at a place near the hotel that had a 4.7 rating on Google maps.  My Bill and I shared a Burger and Smothered fries.  We could have done without the burger...but, the fries were to die for!  They had this roast beef mixture over the top of them...yum!  I had a cherry beer (not wine).



Day 2 had a bit of a late start for Bill, as they were talking Av Gas (not Jet Fuel).  I won't get into the difference (so I can't be corrected).  But, my basic understanding is that Av Gas is used on small private planes, and Jet Fuel on the big boys...So, after breakfast, I took Bill to the Grand Place from yesterday, thinking he couldn't miss seeing that.  Unfortunately (or fortunately), we had a leisurely breakfast visiting with friends, which may or may not have included a Mimosa for me...so, by the time we got the the Grand Place, it was already full of people.  We're going to try to hit it before breakfast tomorrow to get a nice panoramic...


Who has a City Hall like this???


So much gold everywhere!

After the Grand Place, we walked through the Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert.  It reminded me of the movie Wonka, where there were all these competing chocolate shops. The Galeries is basically a "mall" from 1847.
Kept the people in to give an idea of size









Sadly, work was calling for Bill, so we returned to the hotel.  I had some "Assistant" responsibilities to take care of -- which is apparently one of my new roles :-) And, I wanted to check emails, since I hadn't done so in over a week.  So, the rest of the morning passed with work.

In the afternoon, I was tasked with reconnaissance of a nearby restaurant for us to go to for dinner.  So, I did some meandering...it's nice just walking with general direction, but no urgency.  I came upon a bronze statue, which reminds me of one I'll try to find tomorrow. 





I then went to St Catherine's church, which was beautiful.


Off to the side of the main church, was this -- which is the original church's tower.


1 comment:

  1. AvGas is like gasoline, and is for piston engine planes (with propellers). Jet Fuel is for planes with...jets. It is kerosene, which is close to (but not quite) diesel.
    And Theresa kept telling me how great it would be when she retired, and how she'd "help me" with all sorts of things. So, I'm just "empowering" her to do more! :-)

    ReplyDelete