Sunday, September 1, 2013

And We're Off...sort of...

Finally we are on our way!  Since our flight to Shanghai tomorrow is at 10:35 AM, and the first flight into ORD gets in only 45 minutes before, and given the number of things that might go wrong (weather, air traffic, etc), we thought it would be much smarter and easier to head up a day early, and stay local.  Plus, it helped make sure Theresa made diamond with Hilton.

So, we spent some time with my (Bill's) sister, Bev, including dinner and ice cream (although NOT in that order).  Bev graciously offered to buy dinner.  After finding three closed restaurants in a row, we found one that was open and on Yelp.  It was a tad meager...


(OK, in truth there was more to follow, but I couldn't resist!!)

Editor's (when I'm allowed) note:  We really enjoyed the time with Beverly, and are happy that we chose to hang out rather than to run around seeing Chicago.  Thanks for being such a warm host, Bev!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are having a great flight over to China!!! I am in the air right now too! Headed to the east coast for a work trip. Not as exciting as China, or vacation!!! I can't wait to follow you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa and Bill have arrived safe and sound in China, but due to China blocking the site, they will not be able to blog. Please check back on the 23rd for all trip info.

    ReplyDelete