Theresa got up about 8, and figured out some of the
technical problems we’ve been having with the blog, so we THINK we’re passed
the hard spot. (We’ll see). We went up to the buffet for a quick light
breakfast before the final “Progressive Trivia”. It was a rough performance!! Questions covered kidney disease, Gorbechov,
and reptiles.
We enjoyed a nice lunch, played some cards, got a tour of
the theatre, and stopped back for afternoon tea. Then back for the afternoon trivia. We won!!
Well, there are two in the afternoon, and we won the first. The second was movie theme music. It was a mix of easy (Star Wars, Superman,
Rocky) and not so easy (The Omen, and a few we’d never heard of!). Well, we won the first round.
Most of the nights are “smart casual” for the restaurants,
which seems to include jeans, tennis shoes, and at least a collar on the
shirt. But they have three nights that
are “evening chic”, which amounts to at least business casual up to a tux. So, I get dressed up (shirt and pants), and
Theresa gets more dressy (because, let’s face it, ladies have to work harder
for dressing up than guys), and we head to “Michael’s Club”, the special lounge
we have access to on this cruise. As we’re
sitting there, we notice MOST of the guys coming in are wearing jackets. When we packed, I DID ask if I should bring a
jacket, and was told (essentially), “No.”
So, Theresa observes that I don’t look especially “chic” but rather like
an Engineer. I’m sure that was meant as
a compliment somehow. But we decided I
was dressed as “Chic Engineer!”
| The traditional Thanksgiving dinner of ... scallops and lobster! |
| No Pumpkin pie, alas. Only Baked Alaska! An odd selection in the Arabian Sea! |
We went upstairs to the Sky Lounge for a night cap and the late night show. They had some good music, and the show was snippets of songs with singing and dancing by the entertainers in fancy costumes. This is the last night we are in the "danger zone", so the last night of being dark. We are calling it a night and wishing you all a
Happy Thanksgiving!!
P.S. I meant to say this for the Red Sea. I guess it is one of the highest varieties of sharks in any body of water, so the Captain said "No Swimming!". Also it was 3600 feet deep, which I figured was rather deep, but we're in 8000 feet of water here in the Arabian Sea, on the edge of the Indian Ocean!
P.S. I meant to say this for the Red Sea. I guess it is one of the highest varieties of sharks in any body of water, so the Captain said "No Swimming!". Also it was 3600 feet deep, which I figured was rather deep, but we're in 8000 feet of water here in the Arabian Sea, on the edge of the Indian Ocean!
That looks awesome! Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
ReplyDelete