Sunday, November 19, 2017

Quandary....

Egypt...ian Flag.
OK, so some of those who know me (Bill), know I keep count of the Countries and States that I have been to, at some time.  I have a set of criteria, which is, well, it is my own.  Essentially, if there is evidence, I count it.  If none, I don’t.  The evidence could be economic (buying something), or eating or drinking.  Thus, we (Theresa and I) have a few disputed places.  I have been to Chile, in 2007 when we had a layover for 10 hours at the airport between Sydney and DFW…Theresa has not, because while she was right next to me, “We didn’t DO anything in Chile.”  Similar for Utah.

So, here is the conundrum.  We passed through the Suez Canal, entering from the Mediterranean at Port Said, and exiting 100+ miles later in Suez, in the Suez Gulf off the Red Sea.  We were fully within Egypt (Egypt on all sides), and under their authority, soaking in their view, for over 12 hours.  It was Egyptian water.  But, we never stepped off of the ship onto Egyptian soil.  So, do I COUNT Egypt as one of my visited countries, or not?
Consider the Evidence:
Egypt welcomed me...personally!

There is their police, and we saw the flag.

She has nothing to do with this, but someone thinks she has something to say.

1 comment:

  1. By my criteria, I would not count Egypt or Chile either :-)

    ReplyDelete